Saturday, April 11, 2009

When did we turn 40?

Sam just bought a 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300. I just bought a 2000 BMW R1100RT. When did either of us turn into old men? 

It looks like it's going to be a summer of long hauls for me. I'll ride the bike to Whitehorse to go on a canoe trip with Sam and others on the Wind River. Then I'll ride it to Ontario for APSA in September and then leave the bike at my parents' place. I'll return later that month to make the James Bay run again, but this time adding on my Dad and Trevor (they'll be on ST1100s, so I am looking forward to some swapping and testing out the different rides). And we won't be on the North Road. It's going to be a great end to a great summer of riding. Even if we're doing it on old men bikes. 

And the summer after that? Hello South America. 

1 comment:

Thane Silliker said...

Just found your site. You've done some cool rides. Also saw Long Way Down recently. Nice ride, but it's hard to respect them as adventurists when the meds and spare parts are being rolled out of the back of their support trucks.

Radisson is a nice ride. I look forward to perusing your blog posts. BTW, did Route du Nord last year on the KLR650. A story on it will appear in an upcoming issue of Motorcycle Mojo Magazine.

Spread the Net - www.spreadthenet.org